DiGi’s Privacy Statement
A customer furnishes personal information during subscription of DiGi products and services. This information together with customer’s content and traffic usage are considered personal information. DiGi is committed in protecting this information and to provide the assurance to customers that we will not divulge their personal information without their consent.
We endeavor to collect customer’s personal data with their knowledge and consent which we believe to be true, complete and accurate in all respect.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details. We also hold details of your DiGi products and services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interest.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites ;
- from our own records of how you use DiGi products and services
How we use your personal information and protection of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
As part of our effort to promote customer confidence in our network, we shall also adhere to the followings:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- improve and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
- Notification must be made if there are errors in the information furnished.
- We may from time to time send SMS/MMS on related product and services in view of our business relationship which does not tantamount to spamming. However, you may request for exclusion from receiving these messages.
- We may use your personal data with your knowledge and consent as stipulated in the terms and conditions of our registration agreement for recovery or collection of debt, billing purposes and other related activities.
- At no occasion would DiGi divulge customer information to any marketing companies without consent for the promotion of their product. You may report to us of such cases.
- On occasions of SMS scams, be assured that DiGi do not provide any data-base to these syndicates. You are to report such cases to us if you are a victim.
- DiGi’s code of conduct prohibits divulgence of customer information to third parties by employees. In the event of a breach, appropriate action will be taken against the employees.
- Only authorized employees have access to customer information. Restricted access to the system limits the number of authorized employees necessary for daily activities of the organisation.
- The information will be revealed when it involves parties authorized by CMA 1998, under any court order or legal proceedings and as requested by other law enforcement agencies authorized under the laws of Malaysia
- The privacy policies of the respective department are translated into processes and procedures in the Standing Operational Processes and Procedures (SOPP) for employees to comply.
- DiGi reserves the right to amend, modify or add any part of the statement from time to time. However, this will not elude our obligation in protecting customers information.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.